Sunday, November 24, 2013

Brookfield Craft Center Opening

Friday night was the opening for the big Holiday Sale at the BCC from 6 to 9 PM.  I got there a little after six and it was already mobbed and stayed so all through the evening.  We had lovely live music, wine and plenty of goodies.  It was a great night.

Here's my friend, Mary, looking at some pottery.




Just a another view of part of the crowd.





I love the way they had things displayed, often in color families.  They had painted some of the walls in bright colors which enhanced the wares. That's my "Alley View " on the wall.





This corner had some stunning green glass and my "Verdant" on the wall.




My "Recapitulation" is above an array of blue pottery.


My "To Time" was all my itself on a narrow wall just across from the check-out desk.





These little garden quilts of mine came out very blurry.  When I go back over I'll try to get a better shot.




I fell in love with these darling little sweater sets.  Alas, no one to buy them for.


I volunteered from 2 to 6 on Saturday and while we were not as mobbed as on Friday night, it was steady all day with a lot of sales.  They alway have fabulous jewelry, mostly silver and stones and some beautiful beaded Kumihimo necklaces made by my friend Barbara.

The scarf selection was amazing and I bought two: a scrumptious hand painted silk and a gorgeous silk Itajime Shibori.  I also bought a great present for my son, but I can't say what in case he reads this blog.

If you live anywhere near Brookfield, CT, please stop buy.  Everything is hand made in the USA and a lot of it from Connecticut.  You will be sure to find some great holiday gifts or something for yourself. I did both!  The sale runs through January 6 and if you go to this post, you will find the postcard that lists all the times and dates.





No comments: