Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Radio City Music Hall

Yesterday a few of my cohorts and I took the train into the City to see the Christmas Spectacular.  I saw it when I was newly married with my late hubby and the in-laws (almost fifty years ago) then about 10 years ago with a date and then yesterday.  It's something you only need to see about every ten years because it doesn't change much.  Now they have added some 3-D film sections, which the kids love.  My favorite parts are always the Rockettes dressed as reindeer (the opening number), the Parade of the Tin Soldiers with its amazing precision, and the living Nativity scene with the live camels and donkey, so beautiful and touching.




My great-niece, Kristen, was recently hired as a Rockette but the new hires always start in Nashville so I didn't get to see her. She is a student at the Boston Conservatory and is an incredible dancer.  I thought she would be a ballerina because she is so talented at that, but since she was a little girl her dream has always been to be a Rockette, so she is thrilled.



Here's Kristen on her opening night.  Isn't she beautiful!

2 comments:

Cindy Green said...

How exciting! Yes, she is lovely!

Vivien Zepf said...

Congratulations to Kristen! She does look beautiful!