Thursday, May 21, 2009

Score 4 for the Robins

What could be more beautiful? Isn't this a fabulous color? I was doing a lot of gardening yesterday and today with lots of coming and going near the nest. Mama Robin was very brave and let me get quite close before flying away. I wish I had a better zoom lens so that I could take a picture of her on the nest. She watches me closely and I can see her eye following me around.

When I went to check the other nest, the one on my front door wreath, I saw that one egg was nearly falling out of the nest, so I very gently put it back. And, no, the bird won't mind that I've touched it. That is a myth. Do you think she heard me saying that 5 eggs were too many for her tiny nest? Did she attempt to toss one out? I hope not.


2 comments:

Vivien Zepf said...

It is a fabulous color! I'm so glad you're keeping a photo record of the nesting. The robin here has sequestered herself very well amid the brambles and chaos of an overgrown bush, so I can't get close enough for pictures. Through the thicket we can see that her babes have already hatched.

Heather Pregger said...

The perfect blue! Robins pass through here in the spring and fall, but we don't see them nesting in Texas (at least I never have). How lucky you are!