Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Studio Christmas Tree

This photo was inadvertently deleted when I made the post and if you know Blogger, you know that the last photo imported goes to the top. This is one of the Hallmark ornaments I write about below.


I love to decorate for Christmas, all through the house. I put up a big tree in the living room decorated with mostly silver, white and gold ornaments, very elegant, I think. In the family room/kitchen I put up a smaller tree that's just Santas, collected over the years, hand made, glass, wood, yarn, etc. But this very small tree in the hallway outside my studio is decorated with all sewing themed ornaments. Hallmark used to have a series of ornaments and I'd get one every year, but they haven't had any in a awhile. Or at least I haven't seen them.
Be sure to click on each image for a bigger view.



I made several of these little angels out of inexpensive thimbles. I also made the garland out of 1/4 inch satin ribbon and tiny white buttons.



I made quite a few of these spool ornaments.


I have several thimble characters. Here's Santa.


This is one of the Hallmark guys. Check out his adornments.
.


This guy is a cute as can be. He's holding a real threaded needle.



Hallmark had a series of Alice in Wonderland miniature ornaments, one a year. This was the first in the series. All the characters are sitting on a thimble.


The Mad Hatter sipping his tea.


Cheshire Cat with his mischievous grin.


The White Rabbit.


My tree topper. The angel was part of a set of silver ornaments from my big tree. I hot glued the child's sterling silver thimble on. They could use some polishing.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all!

3 comments:

Carol said...

What a fabulous idea. It's too late for me to do something similar this year but I think I will for next year,

Merry Christmas and best wished for the New Year,

Carol from Scotland

Susan Schrott, Artist said...

Norma
These ornatments are adorable. Merry Christmas!
susan

Maxine Oliver said...

Norma your ornaments are adorable. I only put up one tree. Just don't have the room. Enjoyed seeing all of them. Have a safe trip. At least it should be warm..