Thursday, December 11, 2008

Improved



The postcard I posted this morning bothered me.  Those too pale and too big mountains in the back were just not right.  I looked through my stash for just the right shade of blue/gray that would be a transition between the dark purple and pale gray.  I couldn't find anything so I colored a piece with colored pencils. It was a bit challenging fitting it into a finished piece, but I got it to work. I think this looks so much better, don't you?
And it really is perfectly square.  It's just my bad photography techniques that make it look askew.  I know, I know I should use a tripod.  The photo from this morning was also washed out because I used the flash.  This picture is without the flash and these are the true colors.

4 comments:

jane dávila said...

I have much better luck simply scanning small art into the computer, rather than photographing them. I think the second version of this piece is much better - your instincts are right on, as usual!

Natalya Khorover Aikens said...

i love it! and ditto Jane scanning works best for small stuff..

Anonymous said...

I totally missed the "white" mountains in the first version. I read them to be clouds. So this reads much better.
Lynne

Vivien Zepf said...

I like the "new" version better, too; the lupines piece is lovely, too. What a fun exhibit this will be!