Friday, August 20, 2021

Weekly Stitching and More Cards

 I did manage to get five floral wreaths done and a lot of cards.













I had this set of stamps and dies delivered from Stampin' Up a couple of months ago and for some reason I was not inspired to use it, even tho I thought it was a great set. So this week I set a couple of days aside for card making and I made a lot. I'm only showing some here. For some reason I had trouble with lighting. They show up in much duller colors then they really are. I tried adding extra light and then I was in my shadow. Suffice it to say that they really are very cute and colorful in person.



This fish die does not cut the fish all the way out and it can be used this way with a color behind it as I did here. Each card also had a coordinating envelope, front and back





This one uses a watercolor paper on which I had used a smooshing technique with Distress Inks. The coral and the small fish are dies and the bigger fish was stamped and fussy cut. Bubbles and grasses are stamped.



I always stamp the inside to coordinate with the front. Sometimes I stamp a sentiment, sometime not.





Here I cut out that goldfish on paper that I had used Distress inks to get an ombre effect. The paper was put thru the embosser with a wave pattern. Again much brighter in person.






The seahorse is also a die and again I used paper that I had distressed.




I popped up the little die cut fish with dimensionals.

Remember that you can always click on each picture to get a bigger view.

So with all the Origami cards I made last week and now my Seascape cards this week, I am all set for birthday and get well cards for awhile.



I'm linking up with Off the Wall Friday. Hop on over and see what some very creative people are doing.


3 comments:

kathy loomis said...

I have the same problem that you do with getting enough light for good photos. If you lay the piece flat on the table, you will cast a shadow as you stick the camera over the piece. But if you hold the piece upright, as with your opened cards, they often cast their own shadow. Best approach is to put them on a board that you can prop at a 30 or 45 degree angle. That way you can hold your camera directly aligned with the art, and yet not get between the art and the light. I keep a piece of cardboard within reach to use for this purpose -- have had it for years! sometimes lightweight art will just sit calmly on the board even when tilted; sometimes I have to use a bit of blue painters tape underneath to hold it in place. Kind of a production, but the photos turn out great!

I love your little floral wreaths! You have sure come a long way since January and I love seeing them each week!

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

I love both the embroidery and the fish cards. I have added embroidery circles like that to some of my quilts. I think my fish quilt would have been a lot more sophisticated if I had seen your cards first. Instead I stayed in kindergarten mode.

Gwyned Trefethen said...

Norma, the recipients of your cards are going to savor them for years.