Thursday, December 10, 2020

Santa, Baby, Encore

 A couple of weeks ago I told you about my Santa tree that was entered in the contest for Ann's Place. You can read all about it here. I'm pleased to say that I was fourth out of sixty-six trees and won third runner up. I garnered 1,809 votes, which meant $1,809 for the charity and I won $250, which I donated right back to Ann's Place. 

I started my Santa tree about 25 years ago when it was a small four foot table top tree. The ornaments were mostly small and many of them were fabric, cloth and resin. A few years ago I changed to a 7 1/5 foot tree in the family room and started adding larger glass ornaments. I would retire some of the smaller ornaments to make room for the bigger glass ones. I also added plain red balls to add more sparkle. 

I usually buy one or two new ones each year but this year I found a bonanza at Home Goods. They had a small collection of great glass boxed ornaments made in Poland, where they make the best glass ornaments, for a fabulous price and I couldn't resist buying these four guys.







 

I bought this long sleeve T-shirt last year at Kohl's for a pittance. Pretty cute, I think.




I found this video on Youtube of the inimitable Earth Kitt singing Santa Baby, as no one else can.


I finally finished my last charity quilt. The duct tape holding down the throat plate worked like a charm, although I was able to get a new one online which  hasn't arrived yet, 


All of these blocks came from the same fabric. I probably should have photographed the fabric first, but those turquoise and navy stripes went through the center of the fabric. I redistributed them when doing the piecing.



I especially liked the pop of red in my flanged piping. I quilted the border in red, too, using the same garlic design. 

I am linking up with Off the Wall Friday.



5 comments:

Shannon said...

Hooray! I'm so glad your great tree raised so much money! And I love those new santa ornaments!

Sherrie Spangler said...

I love the Santa ornaments! And your quilt is dazzling!

Angela said...

Such a pretty quilt!

LA Paylor said...

I love your santa collection and the red pop of color!

Margaret said...

Congratulations on your Santa Tree winning and sharing. And the quilt is lovely; so glad you got your sewing plate "fixed"!