Thursday, November 12, 2020

Santa, Baby


Hand made by me last year.
                     
One of my favorite charities is Ann’s Place, a local non profit organization that provides comfort, support and resources to cancer patients and their families free of charge. For more information, go to their website:

Every year Ann’s Place holds a Festival of Trees, where over 200 decorated trees are displayed and voted upon. Viewers buy tickets and put them in a jar next to the tree and the lucky ticket winner gets to take that fabulous tree home. It is also one of the social events of the year with a big cocktail party on the opening night with music and a silent auction in addition to the trees. There is a Teddy Bear Tea for the little kids, a boutique and much more. In previous years I have decorated and donated two trees.

Of course this year the festival has been cancelled due to Covid, but there is a virtual festival online. Contestants can enter a decorated tree, either made specifically for this year or photos of a tree at their home last year, as I did. People will vote on the tree for a dollar a vote with a $20 minimum. The tree with the most votes wins a cash prize. And unlike previous years you do not get to win the tree you voted upon. If I win I would give my prize money right back to Ann’s Place. I am late to the game because I just entered my tree yesterday. 

The easiest way for you to see my tree is to go to my Facebook page and click on the picture. It will take you directly to my tree and the voting. If you want to see all the trees, go here: https://www.gogophotocontest.com/annsplacefestivaloftrees/search  The name of my tree is Santa, Baby.



I am linking up with Off the Wall Friday.


1 comment:

Shannon said...

What a fantastic fundraising idea for a great charity. I've never heard of that and I love it. Your santa tree is so pretty! I've been working on holiday stitching, and am anxiously looking forward to advent and Christmas. Weirdly this year I'm doing a lot of cross stitching which I haven't done since I was a little girl.