Tuesday, December 13, 2022

And more non-glass ornaments

 

Metal with a spiral at the end of his coat.


       I bought him in Germany. Wooden and if you pull on the cord his arms and legs jump up.





Made out of felt. I don't think he's handmade, but still very cute

                                                            Femo clay and a sea shell.



                                                   Another wooden one bought in Germany. 


Made by me a couple of years ago. Followed a pattern and he was VERY labor intensive.



Flat fused glass purchased in Murano, Italy.


I made this many years ago when I was doing needlepoint.




Many years ago I had a friend who made adorable mice ornaments. She would make anything you wanted and I chose Mr. and Mrs Santa Claus The detail is amazing. My son was a toddler at the time and she made him in a blue all-in-one sleeper hugging his favorite brown dog toy (named Brown Dog)

I probably missed a few, but that's enough for now. Tomorrow I am hosting my "annual" Christmas luncheon, which was cancelled for two years due to Covid. I was all set to have it last year.....had all the cooking done, party favors made, both tables set, martinis set to pour and someone came down with Covid at a book club meeting (I was not a member) . This was the night before my party. Half of my guests had been at the meeting. We cancelled, much to my dismay.

I'll send some pictures in my next blog.

No comments: