Saturday, December 4, 2021

All Through the House and a Little Stitching

 Stitching took a back seat this past week because I was busy decorating. If you read my blog, you will know that I love to gussy up the house for the holidays. I did a few things different than last year and some the same. Here a a few pictures.

My Santa tree that I do every year in the family room. I started this tradition many years ago and for several years it was just a four foot tree that went on a table. For the past few years it has been this 7 1/2 foot tree. It is pre-lit, but this year it would only blink white lights, enough to give you a migraine, so I had to put 6 strings of 100 lights on it. (swear word, swear word). Most of the ornaments are glass Santas, but I had a lot that I wasn't using, mostly smaller wooden, cloth, etc, from that 4 foot tree so I put them in a shopping bag and took them to Savers. Hopefully someone else will find joy in them on their tree. I do love my Santa tree.


Mantle in the family room with one of my Christmas quilts made many years ago. It is machine pieced and hand quilted with gold metallic thread.



This is where the changes begin. I used to put a tall slim tree in the living room with silver, white and gold ornaments,  but last year because the pre-lit lights were not working AGAIN I threw the tree away and decided to go for something simpler. This is a twig tree with mini LED lights. From my vast collection of ornaments I put on the former tree, I chose only silver birds with real feather tails. I love the look and it takes up less room and doesn't fight with my big Paula Nadlestern ornaments on the coffee table. More about those later on.




                                                     At the base the tree.



The large ornaments made using Paula Nadlestern fabric and lots and lots of sequins and beads. They took forever to do, but I really enjoyed making  them. One of the reasons that I put the simpler tree up was that I wanted these ornaments to be the star in the room. I wound some mini LED lights around the base of the containers for some added sparkle.



These five crystal angels used to go on the dining room table, but this year they are on the small hall table, again with the tiny LED lights.


Some of my Santa collection on the bakers rack. The bottom shelf will be used for wine glasses when I entertain.




These mercury glass trees used to go on the coffee table in the LR, but now are on the side table in the DR. More of those LED lights around the bases.



                            Dining Room table with red ornaments hung on the chandelier.



Centerpiece.



I did do a little stitching.  I mentioned last week that a friend had given me a Dover book of Japanese designs. Many of them are circular and are perfect for my squares. Some are quite delicate and I switched from size 8 Perle cotton to two strands of floss. 






I am linking our with Off the Wall Friday.

                     

No comments: