Friday, December 10, 2021

Daily Stitching

 I am loving the designs in the Dover book of Japanese designs. The two that I did this week were a little bolder so I was able to use the Perle cotton again.





                               This last one was an easy peasy one from my stencils. Did it in no time.






What I did spend time on this week were these party favors for my annual (except last year) Ladies Christmas Luncheon. I have fifteen guests for a sit-down meal, altho I have to split it between the dining room and kitchen. It's the only time I wish I had a bigger house, or at least a bigger dining room, but it all works out.
For the past few years I have made a snowman favor of some sort so when I saw these felt ornaments on Pinterest I knew I had to make them. They weren't hard to do....some gluing, a little hand embroidery, lightly stuffed and hand buttonhole stitched around the outside.




Since we are wearing masks again inside stores, I hand painted this little Christmas tree on a blank mask that I  bought at Joanne's this summer. Added a little bling with stick-on jewels. Who knew we would be wearing mask this late, but I was glad I had saved this blank. I had painted flowers on them this summer.

I'm linking up with Off the Wall Friday.

1 comment:

Gwyned Trefethen said...

You are doing the Dover book of motifs proud. Love how they look stitched. But the handprinted mask with bling - such fun. Your friends will treasure those party favors.