Thursday, July 1, 2021

Daily Stitching and Party Prep

 Five squares finished again this busy week because I am having my annual Fourth of July party tomorrow (on the second of July). Of course last year was a no-show because of Covid and I am so glad that I can entertain again. I will show you pictures next week.

Pinterest continues to be a source of inspiration and there are so many border designs that I will try to adapt to my little circles. This one was supposed to be a border for a round neckline but an abbreviated version worked out just fine for me.

I especially liked the lazy daisy stitches filled in with the same or contrasting color.  I tried to do something a little different on each one.







My party was supposed to be outside on my good-sized deck with its  pretty flowers, but Mother Nature is not cooperating. Thank goodness that the horrible heat wave is over, but now we have cloudy, cooler and rainy. Sooooo I had to switch my plans to inside. I think we will be a bit crowed, but I am trying not to stress out over it. I had to be a bit creative about seating, the bar and buffet area. If the weather should clear up, people can go outside, but I am prepared for the rain.

Happy Fourth of July to all my American readers! Let's be glad for our freedom, in more ways than one. 


No comments: