Thursday, June 24, 2021

Daily Stitching, Family and New York City

 I managed to get seven squares done this week, in spite of having house guests for part of it. I wanted to see how many variations I could get from this one very simple design.









My son and Katie were here for a few days from Portland OR. I hadn't seen them in a year and a half, due to Covid. I loved having them here. They stayed with me for a few days and also took a few days to visit Rhode Island, where we had a summer home when he was growing up. 


                        Kurt in Rhode Island, happy to see that they still sell Dell's frozen lemonade.



On their last day here we went into NYC to have lunch at Via Carota  our favorite little restaurant in the West Village, called a perfect restaurant by the New Yorker magazine. We agree! It was interesting to see how many of the restaurants had added outdoor dining, not there before Covid. 



Katie and me, strolling along on Little Island Park.

We went to visit New York's newest little park, Little Island, just opened last week. It is only 2 1/2 acres of sheer pleasure, beautiful landscaping with many ups and down and twists and turns. The weather was a perfect 10 and it couldn't be better for walking around. And walk we did! I counted over 18,000 steps on my Apple watch, of mostly brisk walking trying to keep up with Kurt. 





We also walked part of the High Line. Again, a must see when you are in New York. It is an elevated freight rail line that has been transformed into a public park. I had walked part of it a couple of years ago in the winter, a totally different view this time. A gardeners delight!


All day I had a song going thru my mind. What is that called, an ear worm? Anyway my song was "How About You?" with the line "I like New York in June, how abut you?'" I do, I do!

I am linking up with Off the Wall Friday.

4 comments:

Shannon said...

So cool that you got to go to Little Island! I keep seeing articles about it! So great to have your family visiting :)

Sylvia said...

What a lovely visit!

Sue said...

Our kids just keep growing up altho Kurt hasn't changed ..... glad you finally had the chance to be together.

Sue said...

Wow ! My comment went thru....that usually doesn't happen!