Thursday, July 8, 2021

Daily Stitching and a Party

   I used a new-to-me stitch this week, woven wheel, and played with variations. You stitch down five spokes and weave in and out until the spokes are covered. Very easy, if a little time consuming.




This was the first one I did, using filled lazy daisy stitch for the leaves.






Similar to the first with different leaf placements and a center leaf cluster.





Played around with the stems and leaves and got this nice kaleidoscope effect.




What would happen if I didn't cover up all the spokes and made them of a different color. Well, I think they look like little rose buds.


There's those little rose buds again and another kaleidoscope. I think this is my favorite of the week.



I said I would tell you about my party and so I shall. It did rain, a lot, so we were inside, but it all worked out and everyone had a table or coffee table to sit at for the meal. 

I used my shibori napkins and tied the flatware up with red checked ribbons. They are in a shibori printed box that I bought at Joanne's a couple of years ago. It's also where I store my shibori napkins when not in use.


I used my laundry room as a bar. Martini fixings on the card table (blocking the door to the garage) and wine and martini glasses on the washer and dryer. I think it worked out just fine. On the wall to your right and partly hidden by the door is my very tacky Forth of July wreath that I bought a couple of years ago at Home Depot, on sale.

 

I bought 4 bunches of flowers at Costco (great price) red roses, red carnations, white mums and white alstroemeria. I was able to make three arrangements. This was on the coffee table in the family room.



This was on the dining room table, but I moved it later to the living room, where I could enjoy seeing it.



This was on the kitchen table, where some people ate and decorated it with the ribbons from the flatware tie-ups.


Some of us gathered in the kitchen.


Some of the ladies enjoying their watermelon martinis in the family room. As at most parties, the men clumped together as did the women.  Not too many men. Most of my friends are widowed or divorced.

In spite of the weather a good time was had by all and we were all so grateful to be able to meet and greet in person.

I'm linking up with Off the Wall Friday.

2 comments:

Rebecca Grace said...

Your embroidery is so beautiful, Norma! Thanks for sharing!

Gwyned Trefethen said...

It is as though you designed your decor with thoughts of hosting a July 4th party. I can see it working well with a winter holiday theme, too. You are so creative whether stitching or finding ways to set up an outdoor party inside. It occurs to me that you have combined winter and summer, too, with your latest round of stitching by embellishing snowflake shapes with roses.