Friday, June 4, 2021

Daily Stitching and a Book

 I did my usual 5 squares this week. That seems to be what I can fit in these days, altho I did stitch every day. My designs this week all came from a great little book of embroidery designs and projects. It gives designs that are "an elegant blend of Japanese and Scandinavian designs". I'm always looking for new round patterns and this one had a few. I was able to get two out of one by giving the design a quarter turn and using different colors and stitches. And there are enough for me to use next week, too.




Here using mostly running stitch.



A quarter turn and using one color and mostly chain stitch.


This one would not look any different turned so I just did one.



All one color, mostly outline stitch.



                                   A quarter turn and more French knots and some lazy daisy.


This was a GREAT  day. My FiberWorks group met in person inside for the first time in over a year. It was at my house, a good excuse to bake. It was so good to see everyone and show and tell is SO MUCH BETTER in person. We oohed and ahed and touched and felt. Alleluia to a new beginning. 

I am linking up with Off the Wall Friday.




2 comments:

Sylvia said...

I figure that any stitching done is progress even if it doesn't seem like a lot of output. Wonderful to be able to gather with your group! My local monthly group finally met, but outside at a park. We used to meet at the library, but that room is being renovated.

Rebecca said...

Have you seen Yumiko Higuchi's work? I follow her on Instagram, and she does wonderful, detailed, botanical (mostly) work!
https://www.instagram.com/yumikohiguchi/