Thursday, May 20, 2021

Daily Stitching and Organizing

 Although I stitched a little each day, I only completed five squares. Are you tired of snowflakes? I was, so I did some flowers and mandala and a sunburst. I may go back to snowflakes at another time. But some blocks take longer than others and I was busy, busy, busy in the garden....digging up old perennials that were not performing any more, planting new ones and lots of annuals for color. Gotta have my flowers! And getting all the deck furniture out of the garage. Whew! Busy week.








I love working with these size eight Perle cottons, but needed a better way to store them. I found these plastic lidded boxes at Joanne's. They have dividers, which I didn't use, but the square sections were the perfect size. They each have four rows, so I have room to grow. The three of them will stand on top of each other and it will make it so much easier to find the color I am looking for. 



Warm colors

Cool Colors

Neutrals


I mentioned several times how much I love the Spring weather in CT and here is one of the reasons. This dwarf Korean lilac does not look like a dwarf here, since the shrub has grown to about 5 feet, even with yearly pruning. Every year it is covered with flowers.



But the flowers are dwarf. Each leaf is about the size of my thumb nail and each panicle is about the length of my pointer finger. The fragrance is amazing.




And they make a sweet little bouquet on my kitchen table with some deutzia from my yard.


I will be linking up with Off the Wall Friday.



2 comments:

Angela said...

I am still loving your circle challenge! Have you tried the Sue Spargo threads? She has some great colours in perle cotton.

Gwyned Trefethen said...

You touched on so many of my favorite things, Norma: spring blossoms, organizing equipment, and weekly creations. I am having fun seeing the variety of ways you are finding to honor your circle theme, while pushing its boundaries, especially some of the asymmetrical, but well balanced motifs.