Friday, August 16, 2019

Radiant

When my order from Spoonflower arrived last week I was delighted with the true color. It is exactly like the image I sent them. I enjoyed quilting with various colored threads to match the fabric. This was done for my Fiberworks monthly word challenge, this time Radiant. I showed my smaller version last week, a 4 x 6 piece that is all hand embroidered.


You can't tell from this photo, but hung now on my design wall it almost seems three dimensional. It just leaps off the wall. It is also a tad brighter than this photo.


I will be putting both of my pieces into our exhibit, Inspiration-Exploration, which will be hung at the end of September. I like my Escargot Begonia piece, shown last week,  because it is interesting and different and I like the Hibiscus for the vibrant colors. Now I have to attach each of them to a 30 x 30 black canvas, which will be painted first with black gesso since we could not find that size canvas in black. All quilts in the show will be displayed on said canvases. We did this last year and it gave a nice cohesive look to the show. More about the show when we get closer to it.

I am linking up with Off the Wall Friday.

3 comments:

Linda M said...

Oh my, this is stunning! It does look dimensional.

The Inside Stori said...

SUPER, SUPER successful…….I love it!

LA Paylor said...

omgosh this is so good Norma. I've never used spoonflower, but their color is spectacular.