Friday, May 17, 2019

Fini

I really have been slogging along with this jacket, but now it is finished. Actually I will miss having it to work on. I already have my next jacket in my head, but that will be a winter project in Florida.


Here is the back, which I have shown you before.

And the front. I didn't want to do too much.



The ombre circle on the front shoulder. This took forever! I was trying to perfect my ombre technique and this was more successful than the smaller one on the back. I did some thread blending when going from one color to another. It must have a million French Knots. It also distorted a little and it is slightly oval. The jacket has a small amount of spandex and it stretched a little. If I had to do it again, I would put a very light iron-on interfacing on the inside.


I just did half circles on the front panel. I didn't think that this was the place for whole circles.


So that's it, folks. Now that it has finally warmed up a little here in the Northeast it is time for some gardening. So I won't be in the studio, altho I do have some projects in the works.

I am linking up with Off the Wall Friday.



5 comments:

Linda M said...

It looks wonderful and I love the ombre circle.

The Inside Stori said...

I love everything about this jacket……you are sure to get rave reviews when wearing it.

Gwyned Trefethen said...

I can imagine the comments you will get when wearing this jacket. Those who know you might guess the embroidery is yours. Those who don't will want to know where your purchased it so they can buy one for themselves. It is exquisite.

Sarah said...

Wow! Your jacket is amazing and I agree you will get rave reviews wearing it!

Norma Schlager said...

Thanks, everyone.I wore it to a brunch today and one woman asked if she could take a picture. Another thought I had done it on my sewing machine. Oh, no, all by hand. Anyway it is fun to wear and will go many places this summer.