Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Something different

This winter in Florida my sister and I went to a craft show where one woman had wonderful stamped cards for sale. I bought a few and she told me that she gave workshops so my sister and I went to one and got hooked. We had such a good time and wanted to make more, so we ordered lots of stamp sets, card stock and inks. We didn't get our supplies until last week and this past weekend we had a stampathon at my house. We made lots and lots of cards. So welcome to my new obsession hobby.

These stamps from Stampin Up are not at all like the old wooden stamps you may be familiar with.
These are clear plastic that you adhere to a clear acrylic block. The sets give you many choices of how to put them together. The first set was used to make the first two cards below. Don't they look like watercolors?





I masked  the trees at the back to give it dimension.


I used this set to make the card below. Each petal used three different stamps layered. Then they were cut out and mounted on little foam dots to raise them up 




I loved this set that gave me many choices of assembly. The three cards below used this set. Again, I think they look like water colors.




I added a whimsical frog from another set. The flower used three different stamps layered.



More cards using the aforementioned frog set. I think they are cute, but I prefer the ones that look like watercolors.


And one last one. This shows the card opened and closed.


I made 20 cards, so I'm only showing a few. The inside of the cards are also stamped and decorated, as are the envelopes. That's it for now since I have a busy week, but I will be making more. If you are on my birthday card list, you will be getting a hand made card from me. I've always liked sending (and receiving) cards so this is right up my alley.

I am linking up with Off the Wall Friday.

1 comment:

The Inside Stori said...

I can see how you got hooked…….the cards are terrific….. The stamps are great but it’s your sense of design that make them winners!