Friday, April 19, 2019

Finished, for now

I'm not sure how many new circles I made this week, but I am calling the back finished. This is the first time I put it on my dress form and now I'm wondering if the back yoke would benefit from one more, off center. What do you think?














When I started this I was using a purple disappearing pen to mark the circles. It worked great, and the ink disappeared quickly, but that was a problem. If I marked a circle and didn't finish it on that day it would sometimes disappear all by itself. So I could only mark one circle at a time.

Then I switched to the blue disappearing marker and I could mark as many circles as I wanted. However.....it had to be really soaked in water to truly go away. Sometimes you would think it was all gone, only to have it show up the next day. Even tho I submerged the back of the jacket last night and rolled it in a towel to absorb the excess moisture and laid if flat to dry, you can see see a slight smudge on the bottom of pictures 4 and 5. The whole jacket will be submerged when I finish all the embroidery.

Next I will go on to the front, embroidering the right yolk and the left lower pocket area.

I am linking up with Off the Wall Friday.

4 comments:

LA Paylor said...

Norma it's stunning. What an original idea and great work-womanship mixed together!

The Inside Stori said...

This is just fabulous Norma….. If you decide to stitch on the yoke…..perhaps add 2 or 3 small overlapping circles (off center) rather than just 1 larger off center one.

Lynda said...

Norma, These are fabulous! Yes, add a couple to the yoke. Thanks for the inspiration!

Linda M said...

It looks wonderful. I agree with mary, 2-3 overlapping off center on the yoke.