Thursday, April 23, 2015

One Talented Lady

Yesterday my friend, Nike, and I drove to Larchmont, NY to the  Etui Fiber Arts gallery to see the one-woman show of our fellow FANE member, Donna Chambers. We were so glad that we took the drive because Donna's work is fabulous.  Almost everything had a red dot on it and you know what that means (SOLD). and I could see why.  Donna is a Pratt school graduate, so she is a fine artist and also has her own line of high end gold and silver jewelry, sold in many jewelry stores throughout the country. My iPhone would not let me take anymore pictures because it was full. I didn't know that could happen.  When I got home I erased everything, but in the meantime here I just the few that I could snap.



Her attention to detail is amazing. All those little squares in the background are put on one by one. Be sure to click on any picture to get a larger view of all.



 She did a whole series of these small Mannequin quilts.  They were all sold except one. I was only able to take three photos before my phone quit.







This beauty is named "I'm  New York a Native New Yorker".  She also has that red dot.

Her show will be up until the end of the month so if you are within driving distance, try to see it.  You won't be disappointed.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Great pieces of art, especially New Yorker. Has the face been painted?