Wednesday, April 1, 2015

I'm Back


You may have guessed by my successive Wordless Wednesdays that I have been away.  I spent the month of March in glorious, sunny, warm, southwest Florida. We couldn't get away soon enough from cold, snowy CT.  This winter seemed to go on for ever.  It was a real shock when we got home yesterday to more snow, just a coating, but enough to make me shudder.  The day before we had been on the beach in 80 degree weather. When we left CT on March 1st it was 7 degrees and when we got off the plane it was 77!  We had one day of rain in the whole month. Perfect!

We did a lot of relaxing, shopping, visiting friends, eating out and eating in, going to the beach and the pool, and shopping.  Did I mention shopping?  One of my important purchase was this fabulous little bird that I bought in a wonderful quirky shop in Naples that sold only handmade-in-America items.  I can't remember the name and I can't find my receipt.  The bird is by Mullanium and is made of a hand carved bird adorned with found objects.  I just had to take him home, knowing that he would look great on my mantle and he does. 

It's good to be home and I have a lot of things to do in my studio and elsewhere, but oh, I'm going to have to get used to this cold weather.  Hopefully Spring will arrive soon.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

It sounds like you had a fabulous time and your little song bird is lovely, I can understand why he needed to go home with you!

Linda M said...

Welcome back, sorry about the cold weather still being there. Very cute bird.

Sue said...

You need to stay down here LONGER !! Did you see Janet? Spring will be there very soon and your world will be colorful once again.

LA Paylor said...

well!
It's about time you got back, missy!
Going to Fl without me.
I could smell the beach from your description.. I grew up in Tampa... Love the white powder sand beaches. Your bird is awesome, I just love it. Great find. What else did you get? It's been ick weather here too. Great winter to leave. LeeAnna

Vivien Zepf said...

Love him and his fresh steam-punk vibe!