Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Sunday

For the past few years my sister and I have gone to her daughter, Lauren's house for Easter. I've blogged about her before. She has a tiny house, but is a gracious hostess, with a flair for decorating and a gourmet cook.
Remember to click on each picture for a bigger view.
Here is her table set for dinner. The flowers in the big Easter basket centerpiece were fresh tulips and pansies. The small egg-shaped plates were for our first course of seared sea scallops.


She stayed up until midnight one night making these Easter napkins and then wrapped them in pretty pastel striped ribbon. Note the cute Easter egg place card holders.


Here's the appetizer table before they got devoured. Those little peep shaped deviled eggs were probably the best I ever had. All the other appetizers were made by her, too, and were delicious!

We were blessed with the first nice day in a long time and the kids were able to have their Easter egg hunt outside and play on the lawn. I should have taken pictures of the kids; they looked so cute. I hope you all had as nice a holiday as I did. Happy Spring!

2 comments:

sue said...

Was hoping you'd share another holiday table from her house. Looks like she inherited her aunt's creative talents.

Norma Schlager said...

Oh, no! She really puts me to shame. She could give Martha a run for her money!