Sunday, December 20, 2009

Sunset Over Snowy Roofs

The weather man said that we were going to get a LOT of snow.When I got up yesterday morning they were saying that it would start about 9 AM, continue all day into the night and into early today. So I canceled my much coveted 2:45 Saturday hair appointment even though I desperately need a haircut and color. I didn't want to be on the road with all that snow and Christmas shoppers. Fortunately he said he could squeeze me in on Tuesday morning, so I may look more human by Christmas.

Well it didn't start snowing until 9 PM and it was over when I got up this morning. The TV guy said we got 9 inches, but I don't buy it. It looks like 4 to 6 inches to me, although it did blow around a lot. I went to church this morning with no trouble. The roads were very clear, but it sure was cold and blustery.

By staying in all day yesterday, I finished all my gift wrapping and some household chores and I was rewarded with this gorgeous sunset today.

2 comments:

Maxine Oliver said...

Wow what a beautiful Sunset. It looks like a Mickey Lawler skydie. We didn't get that much here either. My husband said about 2-3"

Anonymous said...

We got nothing out of that storm :( But we already have 18" on the ground from before and it is bitterly cold.
It'll be a white Christmas here for sure. Your sunset is lovely; what a nice reward for coming through the storm.