Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Acceptance

I found out today that my quilt,"Twilight City" was accepted into "Fiber at the Garde", a juried show for Connecticut contemporary art quilters. The show will be at The Garde Arts Center in New London, CT October 4-December 6. This is another in my Configuration series, in which I dye my fabrics using two complementary parent colors, this time purple and yellow, in various concentrations to achieve some interesting colors. I combined them with a couple batiks, commercial black, and my "wonky" piecing to give the illusion of buildings.
Detail

4 comments:

Rayna said...

Norma, this is a wonderful piece and your new website looks fabulous! Kudos to you.

Anonymous said...

Love, love, LOVE the purples and golds. A beautiful piece!
And your new website is stunning...I nearly clapped my hands with joy when the "Gallery" page came up, it looks like treasures are hidden behind those links!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Norma! I love the piece. And your website is so inviting!
Benedicte

Lora Martin said...

Norma, this piece is gorgeous, really draws the viewer in and perfectly captures the feeling of twilight.

Congratulations!