Thursday, January 6, 2022

Daily Stitching and Cards

 I'm down to the wire. Only ONE MORE square to do. I wasn't very diligent about my stitching, busy doing other things like undecorating the house of Christmas things. Big job and I'm glad it's done.

I like this design from the Japanese book, but not my stitching. Why can't I get that stitching more even after all this practice?



A little satin stitch for a change, pattern from my stencils. I like the orange and hot pink, a throwback to the 70's.


Also from the stencils. It had circles gradating in size from larger to smaller. I made a French Knot in the center of each circle, going from five times around the needle to one time, and connected them with a straight stitch. This reminded me of my mother's chenille bedspread.

                                  Again in different colors and going in the opposite direction.


A friend gave me some handmade papers that she had made. They were the perfect size to use in my cards. I started with some 5" x 7" blank colored cards. I had to pare the handmade papers a bit to let some of the colored cards show.

Then I cut a piece of watercolor paper and used the smooshing method using Distress Inks. to get that nice mottled affect. Added either some stencils or paint spatters. I then stamped the design with VersaMark and used black embossing powders. The last step was to machine buttonhole hole stitch around the edge of the watercolor paper, going thru all layers.

I did not put a sentiment on the outside, but will on the inside. I think they are suitable for any occasion. I made quite a few on a rainy day. Here are  just a few.






That's it for this week. I wish you all a Happy New Year and hope that you all stay healthy. Wear those masks, get vaccinated if you haven't already done so and stay home if you can. A good time to get those projects finished or start a new one.

I am linking up to Off the Wall Friday, a week late.

4 comments:

The Inside Stori said...

I’ve so enjoyed seeing your beautiful daily stitched pieces……thank you for sharing and inspiring me!

Andree G. Faubert said...

Hi Norma, your cards are really lovely. Are your embroidered squares for a specific project? Looking forward to seeing that. Have a great week.

Faith said...

I miss seeing you post! Are you okay?

LA Paylor said...

that's amazing amount of creation this week! the french knots and straight stitch spirals are gorgeous. LOVE the embossed cards with so many textures