Friday, October 29, 2021

Weekly Stitching and Watercolor Cards

 Six little squares this week, all using those fabulous stencils.










I concentrated on small watercolors this week, 4" x 6", the perfect size for mounting onto a card front. I found some terrific blank greeting cards in Michaels, sets of all different colors.

I enjoyed making these. A pen and ink drawing of leaves, then added watercolor squares and splatters. I  think they are also good for masculine cards. You don't always want flowers.


This is a mini version of a CeeCee design I did last week. I am going to try to duplicate it, but that doesn't always work.



These last two are my own designs, but using the CeeCee techniques. Again I'm not showing you the flops or the ones I threw away. I am putting away my paints for awhile for various reasons. I will explain that in another post.

Linking up with Off the Wall Friday. In addition to seeing some great art, Nina Marie always has some interesting posts. This week she is talking about how fabrics are printed. Something of which I never gave much thought.


4 comments:

Angela said...

Such pretty cards! Who would love to get one of those!

Andree G. Faubert said...

Hi Norma, I love those stitched pieces - I've never thought of using stencils, what a great idea. Those water colour cards are awesome. I'm sure that everyone will be thrilled to receive them! Take care.

Lynda said...

Norma, Love these sweet cards!

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

So much creative embroidery--I love seeing the variety!!! Very pretty cards, too!