Thursday, September 2, 2021

Weekly Stitching and Variegated Thread

 I wasn't thrilled by the squares that I did last week using variegated thread. I just used a simple chain stitch and I thought they were rather boring so I looked around for other stitches that would showcase the threads better.




This is a stitch I have used before called Wheat Stitch. I thought it worked very well with the variegated thread and it was as easy stitch to do.



This is a variation of the Wheat Stitch. Instead of straight stitches on the sides, I did a Lazy Daisy. I'm sure there is a name somewhere for this stitch but I couldn't find it. I liked it a lot and will do this again.






I couldn't find a name for this one either but I thought it also showcased the variegated thread.



More of the same, altho I was disappointed in this red thread and thought that there was very little difference in the reds. 



I did another variation, make the center stitch longer and adding French Knots.



No variegated here, but rather a pattern that I didn't get to last week. But there was a lesson learned here. On designs such as this, I do mark them using a blue wash-away pen or a Frixion pen that irons out. Big mistake......I picked up a Sharpie pen by accident and it does not iron or wash away. I will be sure not to do that again. You can see a little bit around the ribbon.

I ordered more variegated threads from DMC in different colors and I will be using them as soon as they arrive. My last order came very fast so I am hoping this one will, too.

I am linking up with Off the Wall Friday.


3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Love the orange on blue (which is funny because I don't like orange).

Angela said...

Great job! Love the creativity!

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

It looks like you're happily stitching away there! They're all great, but I especially like the "wheat stitch" wreath, which reminds me of laurel, which is our granddaughter's name!!!