Friday, October 9, 2020

More Donation Quilts

 I finished putting the borders on two more donation quilts and I am happy to say that I think I have found a place where I can donate them locally instead of having to mail them. We have a wonderful organization in town that offers comfort and support to cancer patients, called Ann's Place. I still haven't contacted them but I'm pretty sure that they will want these quilts to offer to patients who are undergoing chemotherapy. I have one more that need borders and then I can start the quilting.



I was pleased to find this pretty dragonfly fabric that coordinates so well with the striated batiks. 





This striated fabric had a strip of these turquoise stripes and I scattered then throughout the quilt. I was hoping to find a turquoise and red print, but could not, but I think that this print works just fine. I will put a red piping in the binding when I get that far. 

I am linking up with Off the Wall Friday.

1 comment:

Gwyned Trefethen said...

I'm in love with brick/orange and turquoise comfort quilt. It is absolutely stunning. I confess, one of my favorite palettes I return to time and time again is blue and orange. Nevertheless the sense of light shadow , warmth and fresh breezes, comes alive in this piece.