Sunday, August 2, 2020

More Forest Floor and a Collage

I finished the last two pieces of my Forest Floor. Now I have to attach the nine pieces to a 30" square black canvas.


I used some real tree bark and some wonderful eyelash yarn for the embellishments.



I puffed up the mushroom head again with a layer of wool batting. More of that fabulous yarn again and some real tree lichen, bark and twigs for embellishment.


The prompt for this month's collage was Fish. I used the same techniques I used last month: pages cut out of an old encyclopedia and dictionaries. The colored fish images were copied from a fish fabric and printed on tracing paper so that the words would show through. I used a handmade stamp to emboss the velvet and used some old rubber stamps of fish. Also a rubber stamp with not-really words. All were glued onto a 9 x13 canvas board.






2 comments:

The Inside Stori said...

It’s a pleasure following the journey of this piece!!

LA Paylor said...

the definition of mixed media!! Love the forest floor... so rich and I'd like to see it in person. Wonder if the big competitions will allow us to enter older work since we've missed a year at least of opportunity. Of course you can put these in your gallery too when things improve safety wise. LeeAnna