Friday, January 24, 2020

New Projects

I have two projects in the works, one another embroidered jeans jacket. I really enjoyed working on my last two and this is a good winter project when I am away from my studio and sewing machines.





I don't love this one as much as I did my blues on a white jacket. It's tricky working with these sharp points and I think it looks a little like a cartoon...Shazam! I'm hoping I like it better as it goes along and there is along way to go. I will do stars of different size and shape and hope to do seed stitch in variegated thread on the background. I'm using size 8 perle cotton wit this one, instead of embroidery floss.

Project #2 is from Paula Nadelstern's website, Opulent Ornaments. They are made with fussy cut pieces from her fabulous kaleidoscope fabrics.






I just started on one six inch ball. After the fussy cutting and applying to the ball (Lots of stretching and pinning) then comes the fun part of beading, using sequins, seed beads, fancy sequins and colored head pins. I am only partly through the beading on my first ball. I plan to make several and will display them next Christmas on my living room coffee table in a big open glass bowl.




I'll post my progress on both pieces each week, so please come back and please look at Paula's website. I am linking up with Off the Wall Friday.

5 comments:

Shannon said...

Those Paula Nadelstern balls are so cool! But I also really love the stars on the denim jacket. They remind me of the very best of the 80s!

Gwyned Trefethen said...

I've loved Paula Nadelstern's work since I first saw it, probably several decades back. However, I wasn't familiar with using her fabric to cover styrofoam balls. Add your eye and the result is stunning.

Linda M said...

Both of your travel projects look wonderful, I like the slightly funky look of the stars and those balls will be gorgeous displayed together. Hope your time in Florida is wonderful. I'm leaving today to meet up with my daughter and grand daughter and on Monday we fly to Thailand for 2 weeks.

Sarah Goer said...

A couple of very interesting projects! The balls are so striking. They will be a lovely addition to your holiday decor.

Angela said...

Paula's fabric is gorgeous and your balls are stunning!