Monday, January 22, 2018

After Christmas Bonus

I know that Amaryllis are usually considered Christmas flowers, but I usually like them after Christmas because then they aren't competing with all the other decorations for attention. I did have one this year that bloomed right around Christmas only because they were so inexpensive at Shoprite, already potted and ready to bloom.

A couple of weeks ago the store had them again. I bought one that had two stems about 6  inches high with big buds. It continued to grow, both stems at the same time. Right now I have eight fully opened flowers and another big bud to open. I have it on the end table in the family room where it really stands out against the off-white wall. It's about two feet tall.







I usually like yellow and pink flowers in the house after all that Christmas red, but I am happily enjoying this bonus.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

It is a real beauty! And so many blooms! We have just got daffodils in our shops in the UK and they are so cheap I have them all over the house!

Martha Ginn said...

I love your amaryllis!