Thursday, January 25, 2018

Sunday Morning Sun #9

I know it's been awhile since I made a new sun, but the project was on hiatus over the holidays. For this one I drew the  card "use complementary colors". That was the easy part, choose two colors on opposite sides of the color wheel. When these two colors are combined, they cancel each other out and produce a gray. I chose purple and yellow. Now to do something with my sun that I haven't done before.


I made double faced rays and twirled them around before sewing them down by hand. There was quite a bit of pinning and unpinning before my final sew downs. I made this "girly" face to go with the wavy rays. The face was sewn with a free-motion satin stitch in a very narrow width. 

I sent pictures of my previous 8 suns to CBS Sunday Morning about 5 months ago. I hadn't heard back and was going to write when lo and behold I got a reply a couple of weeks ago. She said that she liked them and that they would be put in a file to be used in the future. So I will have to keep a close watch. I do watch the program if I am home and record it for when I am not. 

I'm linking up with Off the Wall Friday.

11 comments:

Shannon said...

I love the twirly rays! I'm always drawn to dimensional stuff... What a super fun sun!

FreeDragon said...

I love this!

Regina B Dunn said...

I'll look for your sun on the show. I knew you'd get in. Your suns are wonderful.

Kathy said...

Be sure to send this pic in to CBS, too. It will surely get used!

quiltedfabricart said...

So cool! And very “Sunday morning like”

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

How cool! I watch Sunday Morning every...well. Add a green background and it could be a Mardi Gras sun. That might spur them along for next year!

Linda M said...

The curly rays are wonderful. Now I'm going to have to turn on the tv on Sunday mornings.

Gwyned Trefethen said...

I've missed your Sunday Morning art. If I were on the selection committee, this would get in.

Madalene Axford Murphy said...

Those curly rays are quite clever! You must have had a lot of fun doing this one.

Vivien Zepf said...

Great idea! And fingers crossed your art will be on TV!

LA Paylor said...

they'd be crazy not to use this one! I can just imagine it on their screen!