Wednesday, December 20, 2017

One Last T-shirt

I had one blank T-shirt left and deliberated doing some more gingkoes, since I was so pleased with the last ones. But I had these cute little fish stamps and thought that would make a good theme. When I tried them out I decided that they were too small and proceeded to carve my own. I used a Speedy- Carve block, an Exacto knife and a Speedball carving tool.



No matter how much ink I put on the stamp I couldn't get a good dark print, the way I could on paper. I had to outline them all with a Pigma Brush pen and then I took a small stiff stencil brush to get some more ink from  the pad on them. I also used a Pigma Brush pen for the "water". Now I need another project. 
I'm linking up with Off the Wall Friday. Please go see what some talented artists are doing.
http://ninamariesayre.blogspot.com/2017/12/off-wall-friday_21.html

2 comments:

quiltedfabricart said...

I e never stamped on fabric and your t shirts make me want to try . Do you use a different ink pad for each color or can you paint the ink in the stamp? I don’t really want to invest in a bunch of pads just to try it. I do have some ink. Can I use paint? Then I would brush the paint on the stamp? I guess I need to experiment a little.
Merry Christmas!

Madalene Axford Murphy said...

Although this project obviously got much more complicated at each stage than you had expected, the final outcome looks great! And you must have carved two stamps since you have the fish going in two directions. There is something light-hearted about those fish, which gets the conservation message across without being preachy.