Wednesday, December 6, 2017

T-shirts

The Conservation Department of Woman's Club is going to sell decorated T-shirts at the February meeting to raise funds for a project that involves plantings at local nursing homes. Members were encourage to take one or two to decorate. We are to use symbols of nature and the word conservation has to be on the shirt. They bought the shirts in bulk for $1.15 and are selling them for $10. I initially took three shirts and was having so much fun that I at the next meeting I took 10. My sister is also doing some.

We started out by doing leaf prints and got a few done before a big killing frost that did in all the leaves. This first one uses geranium leaves. Acrylic paint was applied to the back and them firmly pressed to the fabric.


The lettering was done with a Pigma brush pen. I had a few from years ago and liked them so much that I ordered more online.


All the rest are done with Hot Potato stamps and Ranger Rick Archival ink pads. I outlined the stamps with the brush pens.


Of course I had to have gingkoes. I did this one and another below in different colors.





After seeing the picture of this one, I think I will add another  Allium to the opposite shoulder and one down near the hem.

I will be linking up with Off the Wall Friday. Please check it out and see what some talented people are doing.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a good idea! and beautiful, to boot.
Carole

The Inside Stori said...

What a marvelous fund raising (and conservation awareness) idea!!

quiltedfabricart said...

I love the whole idea! And so glad someone is thinking of nursing homes. They are to often overlooked. All your shirts are so cool! Is this what you are doing with those sharpies you couldn’t open? People will love these. I hope they make lots of money and can plant beautiful things. Another idea for nursing homes is to hang a bird feeder outside every rooms window. My grandma loved that when she was there.

Madalene Axford Murphy said...

What a great project--and I can see why they would become addictive! Hope they raise lots of money.

Susan Lenz said...

Wonderful work and such a worthy cause!
Susan