Monday, January 2, 2017

Happy New Year

I once heard or read that what you do on New Year's Day sets the tone for the whole year. So this is what I did yesterday. I took a good brisk walk in the morning, went to Mass, took down some of the Christmas decorations, did some reading, went to a party at a neighbor's house, came home and did some stitching while watching TV. Not too bad.

What I am stitching is a jeans's jacket. I had a lot of fun doing the one with the buttons last year, but I wanted to do something different. I am a sucker for paisley so I went online and looked at a lot of patterns and then did my own thing.


This is just the beginning. I'm using six strands of embroidery floss. I'm not sure if I will do any stitching on the two side panels, I'll decide when I finish this panel. I will enter it in the Woman's Club Arts & Crafts  competition at the end of February. That will also determine how much stitching I will do. Deadlines are good for me and if I do an hour or so every evening, as I did last night, I should be able to get a fair amount done. I'm also debating filling in the background with seed stitch in a variegated blue floss. What do you think?

I'll post more pictures when I have some more done.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I can see why you would need to use six strands of floss. It must be hard work, but it looks really effective! I remember the button back jean jacket too!

Linda M said...

I think you need to fill in the background and the variegated blue would be perfect.