Thursday, July 16, 2015

Accepted

Big Green Diptych  64" W x 47" H
Detail



I guess I'll have to stop calling this my Quilt National reject and start calling it my Houston accept because today I found out that it was juried into the show, "Quilts, a World of Beauty" that will be at the big IQA show at the convention center in Houston, TX this October.

I remember the good old days when you got your acceptance or rejection in the mail.  If you got a skinny envelope, it was a thanks but no thanks. A fat envelope had a lovely letter congratulating you on your acceptance and a big packet of info for how to send your quilt, etc.  And they would call you on the phone if you were a winner.  Boy those phone calls were exciting!

Then they went to personal email notifications along with a lot of info to print out if you were accepted.  We called it skinny emails vs fat emails and you got another email if you were a winner, also exciting.

But all that has changed.  You go to the website on a certain day (today) and see if your name is on the list.  If it is, you were juried in, if not, well try again next year.  I was thrilled to be accepted again because it is a wonderful show with a lot of fabulous quilts, but I kind of miss those fat envelopes.

I'm linking up with Off the Wall Friday, as usual.  Go see what some very talented people did this week and leave some comments.

13 comments:

Sue said...

Well deserved !! Someday, I need to go to that show again....amazing and inspiring and just plain fun!

Shannon said...

Super duper congratulations! So exciting that you got in and that so many people will get to see your great piece!

Linda M said...

Congratulations! It's gorgeous and deserves to go.

Kaja said...

Congratulations! A truly gorgeous quilt - so nice that at least some people will get to see it in the flesh.

quiltedfabricart said...

Congratulations! Well deserved, the quilt is very pleasing to the eye

Sherrie Spangler said...

Congratulations! Your quilt is striking.

danglingthreads.com said...

Congratulations…would recognize that quilt as yours anywhere...

Sarah said...

Yay. Congratulations and well deserved it's a great quilt!

Vivien Zepf said...

Congratulations, Norma! It's a lovely piece and NEVER should be considered a reject! :)

LA Paylor said...

Congrats Norma! You're having a great year! I won't be in Houston this year to share it with you... but in spirit...
I remember the fat envelopes and miss them as well as slides. I felt so much more comfortable with slides. LeeAnna

Linda Teddlie Minton said...

Hooray! That's so exciting, regardless of how the notification comes. I really love your curvy quilting in contrast to the piecing. You were so smart to enter it at Houston!

Regina B Dunn said...

Wonderful news! Another beautiful artwork.

Anonymous said...

I don't normally comment, but your quilt is fabulous. I am so looking forward to seeing it in person in Houston this fall. Pat