Tuesday, June 24, 2014

California, Here I Come

Instead of visiting my son, Kurt, and his SO, Katie, in Portland, OR, where they live, my sister and I met up with them in San Francisco.  Kurt had spent a summer there several years ago as a law school intern, so he knew his way around, plus he inherited his late Dad's great sense of direction.  Kurt was our tour director, event planner and restaurant finder and he was fabulous at it all.  We spent three days in SF,  then rented a car and drove down that magnificent US 1, along the water to spend two days in the Monterey area.

I'll just give you a few pictures spread over a few days.  We saw so much and I took so many pictures, but  I don't want to bore you.  Where to begin.......??   I'll start with the architecture, always a fascination to me in a new city.


The Transamerica Pyramid is the tallest skyscraper in SF.  It goes up to a sharp point and was visible from most parts of the city.

This view was from the ferry on the way to Sausalito, on the other side of the Golden Gate Bridge.

This and the next three views are from our hotel window on the 23rd floor.  I particularly liked the shape of this building.

I managed to capture this lovely sunset.

Still from our window.  Notice the Transamerica Pyramid in the distance.



Come back tomorrow.  Much more to show.

3 comments:

Linda M said...

One of my favorite places to visit and it's been about a decade since I've been there. It's always fun to see it thru other peoples eyes, so I'm looking forward to all the pictures.

Vivien Zepf said...

Can't wait to see more pics from one of my favorite places in the country!

Hilary Florence said...

I too, particularly like the building you see from your hotel window. Would this be another city quilt in the making?