Monday, June 16, 2014

Mellow Yellow

While yellow is a color I seldom wear or use in my work and while most of my garden is in pinks and blues and purples, a bit of yellow sneaks in to give its cheery spark.



Knockout Rose

Cushion on chairs on front porch



HIbiscus

Kalanchoe, actually a house plant inside

Zinnia

Pansy

Marigold


Lantana, Yellow and Pink in one plant

Margarita Daisy


African Dasiy

Stella Doro Day Lily



Yellow gradation hand dyes

The bare beginnings of my next Skinny Wiggly quilt

Lest you think I have a huge garden, I do not. I have several containers on my small front porch and on my big back deck, then some things in beds around the house.  It's enough to give me a lot of color and even some flowers for picking.  I also grow several herbs in containers and cherry tomatoes in big pots on my back deck. I love being able to go out and pick some flavoring for my cooking.  

2 comments:

Teresa Duryea Wong said...

Norma this is a beautiful post. Lovely flowers, great photos, hand dyed fabric... And a project to tie it all together. Makes me happy.

Vivien Zepf said...

Lovely pictures, Norma, and I can't wait to see your new quilt!