Monday, April 23, 2012

Put a Bird On It

In Portland, OR, where my son lives, there is a tongue in cheek expression that "if you put a bird on it, it's art". There is a very funny video here from the TV show Portlandia, which pokes fun at the city.




On Saturday I spent the day with three friends in the charming little town of Kent, CT, about an hour's drive from here.  I had often driven through it on the way home from somewhere and had often said that I'd like to go up some day and send the day visiting the shops and having lunch. So we took advantage of the gorgeous warm Spring day and did just that.  The shops were terrific, where we did our best to help out the economy and then we had a scrumptious lunch. 

One of the shops had an eclectic array of goods and we spent a lot of time ooohing and ahing.  But I also had to chuckle about how many things had "birds on them", bowls, dishes, pictures and these delightful metal birds that insisted on coming home with me.  They each hold a tea-light candle, which I thought I had at home, but I seem to be out.  

2 comments:

Sarah said...

These birds are really cute (love their huge feet) - I think I would of had to rehome them also!!!

Art by Rhoda Forbes said...

I'm a collector of birds and just love these two lovelies.