Saturday, April 14, 2012

Art Show Winner



I entered two small pieces in the local Richter Art Association members' show and was so surprised and delighted to be awarded a first place. In previous years they had not accepted fiber. Mine were the only fiber pieces there and I was amused that they chose to group them with pastels and graphic art. I'm not complaining, I took my cash award and ran. Not really; they had a lovely reception with live piano music and refreshments, so I stayed for awhile and chatted with the other artists attending. It was a splendid spring day so there weren't too many there.

You've seen this piece before, "Recapitulation", it was done for a FANE (Fiber Artists of the Northeast) show a couple of years ago. It's a small quilt, 12" x 12" , mounted on an 18" square white artist's canvas. It is made using my hand-dyed fabrics and some Dupioni silk.

4 comments:

Martha Ginn said...

Congrats on a win in the art show! We are slowly getting our story told every time we enter art events.
Martha Ginn

helenek said...

congrats, Norma, very exciting to hear the news.

HeleneK.

Vivien Zepf said...

Congratulations, Norma; well deserved! I'm so glad they recognized how fabulous your art is.

Cindy Green said...

Wow, that's great, congratulations!