Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter Sunday

Yesterday was spent at my niece's as have been the past few Easters. As I've said before, she's a wonderful hostess and a gourmet cook, so it's always a great day. All pictures are clickable for a bigger view.

One of the biggest treats of the day was meeting my newest great-nephew, Charlie. Here he is with my sister, Ruth, his great-grandmother. Isn't he adorable? And check out that outfit, which he kept on all day. He is the best natured, happiest baby that I've met in a long time. He smiled, laughed, waved and went to anyone without a fuss. I don't think I heard him cry all day.


My niece loves to decorate and every year she comes up with something new. These cute arrangements were on the tables, two to each, as part of the centerpieces. Yes, those are real Peeps and fresh tulips. She had a clear glass of water inside for the tulips. All the table cloths were pink, white and lime green plaid, so Spring-like.



Because she had so many for dinner, she had a buffet. Usually paper napkins and plastic utensils are an anathema to her, but when she saw these carrot-like utensil arrangements somewhere online, she knew she had to change her standards. I wanted to get a picture with all the food (delicious!) but Charlie was taking a nap in the room where I had stowed my camera at that time. The table was "L" shaped and went around the corner.


Even the lighting fixture over the table was dressed for Easter.

I hope you all had a happy Easter or Passover with family and friends.


No comments: