Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Panama





I'm back from my trip to Panama and Costa Rica. It was a wonderful getaway from this very cold CT winter. (More snow expected here tomorrow). We enjoyed hot, sunny weather everyday with moderate humidity, very enjoyable indeed. I didn't get quite the pictures I was hoping for. We saw a lot of the rain forest, but things were often hard to photograph, at least they were for me. I'll show a few pictures every day to give an overview of the trip.

Here we are in the airport, ready to start our adventure. Do you think there was a black and white memo? L to R: Ruthie (my sister), me, Terry, and Claire.

On our first full day there we took an aerial tram ride over the Gamboa rain forest in Panama. We were pretty far up and it was quite beautiful. We were hoping to see some birds or monkeys, but no such luck.








2 comments:

Vivien Zepf said...

Oh my word, you all look so stylish, especially considering how early you left!

You are very brave to take the tram; those things scare me. But what beautiful sights you saw. Look at the patterns in all the palms!

Cindy Green said...

Welcome back! The rainforest looks so lush, even if your photos didn't live up to your expectations, just a change of scenery and looking at things in a different light (literally!) will probably be plenty of inspiration... Looking forward to seeing more!