Sunday, November 8, 2009

Art Every Day Month

I didn't think I would do it, but I was encouraged by fellow art bloggers to participate in Art Every Day Month. It was started by an artist named Leah and you can read about it here. The idea is just to do something creative every day, not necessarily a finished product. I am very late getting started and I'm not going to try to catch up, but I might extend my month into Dec. 9.

So this is my creative project for today. I took some lovely flower pictures this summer and then had fun playing with them in Photoshop Elements. I was especially pleased with the posterizing effects and wanted to enlarge the photo and print it out into sections that could then be put together to make one picture. I tried following two different tutorials for Elements with dismal results so I downloaded a free program call PosteRazor and, voila, success! It really was so easy to do. These could easily be printed out onto fabric, since there is a seam allowance, but that's not what I want to do. I plan to do a fused applique quilt using the large photo for a pattern. This measures about 22 x 28 without the white borders.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm glad you decided to join up. I'm looking forward to see what you do with your lovely photograph.

Sue said...

You are always so creative and innovative and I'm really liking your Photoshop inspirations. Thanks for the Get Well wishes...I feel MUCH better.

Vivien Zepf said...

Congrats on joining in; good for you!

And, I can't WAIT to see this flower when it's done.