Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Finally Something New

I just finished quilting this fun piece for my new bathroom, that was recently renovated. It is mostly white tiles, with a double row of light blue/aqua glass tiles in the shower, pale aqua walls, dark cherry (dark brown) vanity with a marble top that is beige with cream and light gray/blue veining. I'm using dark brown towels with aqua satin stitched trim. I needed something for the long wall across from the vanity and this ties all the colors together and is reflected in the mirror over the vanity.
Some of you may recognize this as a Karen Eckmeier design from her Accidental Landscape series. They are so much fun and so easy to do; it's pretty foolproof. I hand painted the fabric for the sky and the water. I covered up most of the water fabric with the sand strips, but I was able to cut it away from the back and I'll have it for another quilt. The sand fabrics are all commercial prints. It will measure 42 x 19 after I face it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks good, Norma. It'll go nicely in your bathroom. I really like your clouds.

Anonymous said...

This is exciting! Can't wait to see the quilt in the bathroom! I love the way you painted the sky. Setacolor paints? You are busy! Your trip refilled the creativity well!
Benedicte

Vivien Zepf said...

It's lovely! I'm sure it's going to look wonderful.