Saturday, July 25, 2009

Sneak Peek

Here's a sneak peek at how I'm using those grays that I dyed. I put the penny in so that you could see how tiny these pieces are. That's why it's taking me so long even though it's a small, 18 x 24, quilt. This is just one unit out of ten that make up the quilt. You'll see the whole thing when I'm done. I could finish it this weekend, but I am leaving tomorrow morning for a road trip with three friends to see Quilt National in Ohio. This will be our 4th time seeing it and I love every minute of it. We usually fly, but it 's takes a whole day to get there and a whole day to get back, so we decided to drive this year, about a 12 hour trek. We are stopping in PA to see Frank Lloyd Wright's Falling Waters house and that will break up the trip.

So no posting until I return next week, since I don't have a laptop.

1 comment:

Vivien Zepf said...

I can't wait to see this when it's finished! It's so crisp and lovely. I wonder where the added color will go? Have fun in OH and in PA.