Friday, April 29, 2022

Putting it Together

 I admire some people whose blogs I read that have full time jobs, family and gardens to which they attend and still have time to produce prodigious amounts of art. Well, that's not me. I seem to get slower and slower and less productive the older I get. Or is that just an excuse?

But I am putting together my big circles in a square piece. I am piecing it in two sections and will quilt it in two sections that will then get sewn together to make one big piece. Each half measure 40" x 45" and sewn together will be 80" wide.








 

I finished piecing the first half and am working on the second. I am very much enjoying looking at the squares again. Sometimes I can't remember how I did that stitch or admire how those colors worked together. It is fun, even if am am having to match seams, something not much done in art quilts.


These next three photos were taken of my car's windshield on a drizzly day while waiting in the car for someone. I thought the patterns were so beautiful and each droplet unique. If you click on the picture for a larger view, you see even more patterns surrounding the bigger drops. Then click again for an even closer look. Hmmm...a quilting design?



I am linking up with Off the Wall Friday.

3 comments:

Christine Staver said...

Your circles are amazing. Fantastic hand stitching. Your raindrop photos are so intriguing. Very complicated physics of friction, surface tension.

Gwyned Trefethen said...

I am also enjoying revisiting your embroidered circles. Each one a precious gem.

My father's field was surface tension and fluid dynamics. Your windshield photos would be one area where his and my interests overlap. The raindrops remind me of Betty Busby's lace like overlays. Gorgeous.

The Inside Stori said...

Your quilt is so lovely….worth all the dedication you put into it. Love the rain on windshield images……perhaps you can have a stencil made? Would be great for mono printing!