Friday, May 29, 2020

Happy Quilt Almost Done

I finished quilting this week and I so enjoyed working on it. All those happy colors to keep me busy during this stressful time. I was going to do it on my Sweet Sixteen, but did not feel like dealing with all the tension problems I usually have. Since it is fairly small, about 52 x 38, it was easy to do on my trusty Bernina.



I quilted it very simply, loosely following the the outlines of the motifs.




I wanted to bind it in blues and yellows and I had to piece those leftover 8 inch strips.



The binding is all pieced and sewn on the quilt. Now some hand work for TV watching in the evenings. I'll post it when I'm done.

I'm linking up with Off the Wall Friday.



5 comments:

Gwyned Trefethen said...

What would we do without our BFF, Bernina. Those happy colors and bold motifs set me smiling.

Linda M said...

That's a very cheery quilt, I agree with Gwyned, what would we do without our Bernina's

Sherrie Spangler said...

What a cheerful, happy quilt! Just what we need now.

LA Paylor said...

it is happy, it's a sign of the times too, of how we are trying to gain emotional control over life now, to make something with our hands and hearts to lift spirits.

Cemefar said...

Thanks for sharing.