Saturday, February 15, 2020

Stitching and Something Blue

Still stitching on my jacket. I was going to do a seed stitch all over the background in a variegated yellow/orange thread, but after doing a small section, I didn't like the way it looked, so I took it all out. I did two stars on the yoke and one of them used a new-to-me stitch. I'm going to do a little more on the yoke and then onto the front.






My new stitch is the second one in and it's called the Magic Chain. You use two different colored threads in one needle and was a little tricky to get started but then found it was pretty easy.


My third ornament is five inches diameter instead of six like my former two and uses this panel of Paula's that is all in blues, whites and silver







These are all different views of the same ball. I only used various shades of blue sequins and colored head pins and a lot of pearls. What you can't tell from the photo is how sparkly it is. I do like the look of it and think I will do another one of this size and coloring. I have plenty of that fabric left.

I am linking up with Off the Wall Friday.