Saturday, February 16, 2019

Another exhibit and a little more work.

We went to another very interesting lecture and exhibit in Naples yesterday. Muffy Clark Gill is an artist who incorporates vintage photos and batik in her work. Her style is very unusual. This whole exhibit was focused on Seminole Indians. She gave a short demonstration on batik and I asked the most questions. It made me wish I was back in my studio, where I might try some of her techniques.







I also finished another small piece for my FiberWorks challenge. The word for February is CURVE. and I chose a closeup of an Escargot Begonia.  They are a delicate garden plant and I buy two every spring and put them in a pretty pot inside. They look very good util October or November and then I chuck them. 





Like the last two, this was printed on white fabric and then hand embroidered. I mostly used my beloved French knots and some outline stitch. I was not trying for an exact duplicate of the original, but just the general idea. I enjoyed working on it and now it's time for something else. 

I am linking up with Off the Wall Friday.

5 comments:

The Inside Stori said...

Your begonia piece is STUNNING!!!!

Laura McGrath said...

Love your begonia piece!

June Cook said...

Love, love, love the begonia piece, Norma!

Mary Ann Tate said...

Just found your blog today. I love this piece. Beautiful:)

Martha Ginn said...

I'm fascinated with the begonia picture and your depiction of it in stitches!